Originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, Dan Clapson moved to Calgary, Alberta in 2006 with nothing but a parrot on his shoulder (and a full U-Haul). He now happily resides in the city’s beltline area, still with a parrot on his shoulder.
When he’s not experimenting with recipes, Dan can be spotted dining out with friends, catching some live music, walking around town, or on The Ship and Anchor patio having a pint of Steam Whistle on a sunny day!
Dan writes for many media sources, ranging from local to national, including Food Network Canada, Avenue, FFWD Weekly and Flavours. In fall, 2013 he co-founded Eat North, Canada’s first official national culinary website, alongside Diana Ng and Dave Wilkinson. He makes regular appearances on Global Television in Saskatoon and Calgary and is 660 News Radio’s go-to foodie.
Any moments of free time are spent working on developing an exciting web series and working on – hopefully – two future cookbooks, including one inspired by his Start From Scratch program.
Feel free to contact Dan at email@example.com.
- Chipotle, Cranberry and Walnut Romesco Sauce
- The Kenwood Cooking Chef and Vodka, Apple and Cranberry Granita
- Swerve Calgary – Behind The Line: Chef Recipe Highlights For The Spring
- Lobster, Red Pepper and Fennel Bisque
- Chopped Canada Mystery Solved: May Recipe Round Up
- Appetizers & Co.
- Calgary & Area
- Magazine Highlights
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States