Originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, Dan Clapson moved to Calgary, Alberta in 2006 with nothing but a parrot on his shoulder (and a full U-Haul). He now happily resides in the city’s beltline area, still with a parrot on his shoulder.
When he’s not experimenting with recipes, Dan can be spotted dining out with friends, catching some live music, walking around town, or on The Ship and Anchor patio having a pint of Steam Whistle on a sunny day!
Dan writes for many media sources, ranging from local to national, including Food Network Canada, Avenue Magazine, FFWD Weekly and Metro News. He makes regular appearances on Global Television in Saskatoon and Calgary and is 660 News Radio’s go-to foodie.
Most of his free time is currently being consumed by the looming deadline for his first book, StreetEats: Calgary which is set to be released in September by Whitecap Publishing. All other moments of free time are spent filming his first web series and working on – hopefully – two future cookbooks, including one inspired by his Start From Scratch program.
Feel free to contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 13
- The Canadian Food Experience Project: Seabuckthorn Berry and Shallot Vinaigrette
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 12
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 11 (and a contest!)
- Sweet And Spicy Udon Noodles
- Appetizers & Co.
- Ask Dan
- Calgary & Area
- Monday Night Supper Club
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States