Start From Scratch
Start From Scratch originally debuted under the name ‘Kick The KD‘ in November of 2010. In an effort to inform post-secondary students on the ease of preparing a quality, home-cooked meal, Dan Clapson partnered with Calgary Co-op to bring this free cooking program to life. When the initial course took place, it accepted fifteen University of Calgary students who were in need of some inspiration in the kitchen.
The hands-on cooking approach to this class ensured an interactive and invested learning experience. Now, Start From Scratch has been expanded to include Mount Royal University students in Calgary, as well as a new program branch in Saskatoon as of September, 2012. The initiative is now aiming to expand to Vancouver in the new year.
- Chopped Canada Mystery Solved: March Recipe Round Up
- Cherry and Red Onion Relish
- Avenue Magazine: Restaurant Round Up For The Winter
- Start From Scratch on BT Calgary and a recipe for Barley, Lemon and Tomato Risotto
- Chopped Canada Mystery Solved: February Recipe Round Up
- Appetizers & Co.
- Calgary & Area
- Magazine Highlights
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States