Start From Scratch
Start From Scratch originally debuted under the name ‘Kick The KD‘ in November of 2010. In an effort to inform post-secondary students on the ease of preparing a quality, home-cooked meal, Dan Clapson partnered with Calgary Co-op to bring this free cooking program to life. When the initial course took place, it accepted fifteen University of Calgary students who were in need of some inspiration in the kitchen.
The hands-on cooking approach to this class ensured an interactive and invested learning experience. Now, Start From Scratch has been expanded to include Mount Royal University students in Calgary, as well as a new program branch in Saskatoon as of September, 2012. The initiative is now aiming to expand to Vancouver in the new year.
- Maple Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
- 6 Delicious Things to Eat in Vancouver and a #TasteForTravel Quiz from Travelocity.ca!
- ‘Greek’ Lemon Mashed Potatoes
- Avenue Magazine: Restaurant Round Up For The Summer
- Maple Cinnamon Granola and Start From Scratch
- Appetizers & Co.
- Calgary & Area
- Magazine Highlights
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States