1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 TSP vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 TBSP earl grey tea (finely crushed)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 TSP salt
Well, leave it to me to try putting tea into just about everything…I’ve put it in soup and on fish before, so why not try it in a cake, right? On a mildly unrelated note, my iPhone (4!) took this photo. How crazy is that? Oh technology, you’ll never be as delicious as this pound cake, but you’re pretty damn cool.
I baked several batches of mini pound cakes for the Calgary Food Blogger Bake Sale that just happened this past weekend at Casel Marché. Due to my forceful salesperson technics, I sold them all! Score!
*Note: Since I am not much of a baker, I used this recipe from Canadian Living as a guideline.
- The Canadian Food Experience Project: Seabuckthorn Berry and Shallot Vinaigrette
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week Twelve
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 11 (and a contest!)
- Sweet And Spicy Udon Noodles
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 10
- Appetizers & Co.
- Ask Dan
- Calgary & Area
- Monday Night Supper Club
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States