8 bacon strips
2 cans water chestnuts
Alright, so slightly unusual combination. As well, I can pretty much guarantee that this will be the simplest recipe ever posted on my site. Normally, I wouldn’t post a simple recipe like this, but these little guys are so tasty, and perfect for an appy for any party you might be throwing this holiday season, that I figured they desired some time in the limelight. So, without further adieu…
Set your oven to low broil and let it preheat while you prep the water chestnuts. Slightly stretch and lay out one slice of bacon. On top, roll a chestnut in ‘somersault’ fashion until it’s been covered by bacon. Slice with a knife, place onto a large baking sheet and repeat process until all chestnuts have been covered/you’ve run out of bacon.
Place into oven and let them cook for 15 minutes, or until the outer bacon layer is nice and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy! I bet you can’t eat just one!
Total cook time…20 min
- The Canadian Food Experience Project: Seabuckthorn Berry and Shallot Vinaigrette
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week Twelve
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 11 (and a contest!)
- Sweet And Spicy Udon Noodles
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home, Week 10
- Appetizers & Co.
- Ask Dan
- Calgary & Area
- Monday Night Supper Club
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Something Sweet
- Top Chef Canada: Taking The Challenge Home
- United States